The Associations focus is to provide financial assistance to our members towards necessities. This may include financial assistance towards a home loan and maintenance, white goods and some furniture items, solar panels, air conditioning, electricity, rates or rent and tea/coffee gift cards. Other financial assistance may be available towards the purchase of computers and talking software, smart phones, tablets and magnification units, all for personal use. Members may also be eligible for their children’s back to school and personal tertiary fees assistance.
Queensland Blind Association Inc
26 Warwick Street, ANNERLEY QLD 4103
(PO Box 444, ANNERLEY QLD 4103)
Phone: 07 3848 8888
Queensland Blind Association Inc.
Shop Terms and Conditions
Ordering / Payment
Items can be ordered online via our website, over the phone or in person. If you are placing an order based on a printed catalogue, please contact our office before sending payment as prices and availability may have changed since your catalogue was printed. Payment is required before receipt of products and may be made by PayPal, direct deposit, credit card, cheque, money order or in person with cash.
Postage and Handling
We endeavour to maintain a high standard of service and therefore keep postage and handling rates to a minimum and provide the shortest delivery time possible. We utilise Australia Post, Parcel Post, or Blind Post for the majority of our deliveries.
Delivery within Queensland should be made within 5-10 business days of your order being placed. This timeframe is dependent on Australia Post and other factors that may be out of our control. We will always aim to pack and ship your order within one business day of it being placed. Deliveries to NSW, South Australia, Western Australia, Northern Territory, ACT and Tasmania may take up to 4 business days longer.
If you are in Queensland and have not received your order within 10 business days or if you are outside of Queensland and have not received your order within 14 business days, please contact our office on (07) 3848 8888.
All orders of $50 and over will be sent Signature on Delivery to ensure the safety of your parcel. This service is trackable and will require that someone is home to sign during the delivery period at the delivery address. If you miss your parcel it will be taken to a nearby Post Office and a delivery card will be left. You will have 10 business days to collect the parcel before it is returned to us. Anyone from the delivery address can collect the item from the Post Office, as long as they take proof of address and suitable ID with them.
Free Delivery is offered on all orders, both online and over the phone, that are $150 and over.
Our 2020 Large Print Calendars and all funded sales (for example: purchases made through the NDIS) are excluded from this Free Delivery offer.
Orders less than $150 will incur a Postage and Handling fee. The Postage and Handling fee will be calculated when you check out and will be added to the total cost of your order.
Some of our products can be sent to you via Blind Post. This is a scheme developed and implemented by Australia Post and only applies to items that they deem eligible. It is not always possible to utilise Blind Post for your order, especially if you have ordered articles that are non-eligible for the Blind Post in combination with products that are. If you have any questions about Blind Post and the eligibility of our products, please phone our office on (07) 3848 8888 before placing your order.
All of our parcels will include a copy of your detailed invoice. Please check this invoice when you receive your parcel to ensure that you have received your items correctly. It may also be handy to keep your invoice for future reference.
A 20% discount is available to all current Queensland Blind Association Inc. members. Members also receive a discount of 50% for one White Cane every 12 months from the first date of purchase and any further cane purchases within the same 12 months will be discounted by 20%. Please contact our office with any enquiries for prices, availability and postage.
Sale of White Canes
White Canes are sold only as a “Symbol of Blindness”. The Queensland Blind Association Inc. sells White Canes to legally blind persons only. Proof of legal blindness must be shown to purchase a White Cane unless you are a member of the association. Incorrect use of White Canes may be a danger to the user, pedestrians, and all road users. We highly recommend that persons receive measurement and training from professional trainers before purchase, as correct length and style are necessary. The Queensland Blind Association Inc. will only sell White Canes to legally blind people who have received up-to-date training from approved providers and can provide evidence of that training to us. This evidence must also show the length and dimension of the cane that has been recommended by the trainers. White Canes can only be purchased over the phone or in store.
Manufacturer’s guarantees will be honoured by the Queensland Blind Inc. We will return the defective merchandise to the manufacturer for replacement and or repair. We do not offer a guarantee other than that supplied by the manufacturer. There are also exceptions where the guarantee does not apply and these include batteries, light bulbs, watch straps; faults due to fair wear and tear; deliberate damage; negligence, abnormal working conditions; where the product instructions are not followed; where the product has been altered or repaired without permission; or where you have given us incorrect or misleading information on its use.
We will accept return of faulty products within 14 days of purchase. To be eligible for a refund or credit the instructions below must be followed:
- Where you believe a product is faulty, it may be necessary for us to send your purchase to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable amount of time. If there is a failure with the product, you may choose a refund, exchange or repair.
- Please supply proof of purchase, invoice or receipt.
- Include manufacturers box, instructions and other documents that came with the product. If you do not attach a warranty card to your return and this is a requirement of the manufacturer, we cannot facilitate a refund. This condition will always be clearly stipulated on the product’s shop listing and large print instructions.
- If returning a product by mail, ensure that it is safely packaged and that the postage and insurance are paid. All products are returned to us at your own risk and cost and you are therefore strongly advised to get proof of postage.
- Once we receive the goods, within the guarantee period, we will assess the fault and make a decision on the action to be taken. This may include repair, replacement, refund or return to you if no fault is found.
- Upon confirmation that the goods are faulty we will reimburse the cost of returning the item. Refunds will be given using your original payment method.
- Items that are purchased via a funded sale (National Disability Insurance Scheme – NDIS, My Aged Care – MAC, etc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
- For hygiene and safety reasons you cannot return, unless faulty, kitchen and medical products. This is indicated next to every eligible product on our website.
- Sale items are non-refundable. If you require any further information regarding any of our products, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Queensland Blind Association Inc. has attempted to ensure the information in this Catalogue is accurate. However, we do not warrant that the information is accurate or complete nor will we be liable for any loss suffered by any person because they rely in any way on it. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the views, products or services offered or provided by other providers in this catalogue.